Sunday, June 18, 2017

Tool Box Card

Hey,

This has been a busy card making month for me. Each year I make two father's day cards. One for my dad and the other for my boyfriends dad. This year they are the same.

I have made multiple box cards and I really enjoy them as do those that I give them to. For this box card I made tool boxes.

Here it is:


I made the box using the instructions from here. I then cut off the front flap and cut the side flaps in half. I used the cut off flaps to make the drawers on the tool box and hand cut strips of yellow for the drawer handles. All of the tools and the brown background were cut using my Silhouette Cameo. I used my sketch pens to write "Happy Father's Day!" and cut out the circle. I attached the screwdriver and the circle with foam on the back to make them pop-up. I glued the saw, level, and hammer to the inside tabs and attached the wrench to a piece of acetate so it's hanging up out of the tool box.

Here is a top view of the tool box:


 This is the box when it is folded to go inside the envelope:


I would like to enter these challenges:
Fabrika Fantasy - Men/Boys
Crafty Girlz - Anything Goes/Masculine
kreativeinkauf - Special Shaped Card
Whimsie Doodles - Anything Goes/Masculine
Crafty Purple Frog - Make It Manly

Thanks and enjoy your day!

~Hazel

3 comments:

  1. Sehr schön gemacht. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der KE-C.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, what a brilliant tool 3D card you have made. I love these style of cards.
    I haven't made one for a while but you have given me the push to make another one soon. Your card fits perfectly The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this month of “make it manly”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge Blog Design Team Member).

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful....
    Thanks for joining us at Kreativeinkauf
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete