Friday, June 9, 2017

Purple Flower Card

Hey all,

There is a sub at my work that has been working in our kitchen getting breakfast and lunch ready for us. She is a wonderful lady. She is leaving us because they have hired a person for the position. My co-workers and I wanted to thank her for all her work.

I made her this thank you card:


To make this card, I cut a 5.5 inch by 4.25 inch dark purple rectangle to cover the front of a pre-made base, a 5.25 inch by 4 inch light purple rectangle, and a 1.5 inch by 4 inch dark purple strip. I cut out the light purple circle and dark purple scalloped flower with my Silhouette Cameo. I embossed the light purple rectangle with a flower embossing folder I have. I attached the dark purple rectangle to the base card, the embossed light purple rectangle on top of that, added the dark purple strip near the bottom, and put a strip of decorative tape in the middle of the dark purple strip. I stamped thank you onto the circle and glued that onto the scalloped flower. I attached that to the right side of the strip.

I left the inside of the card blank so people had plenty of space to write in it.

I am entering these challenges:
More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes/Purple
Moving Along With the Times - Embossing Wet and/or Dry
The Crazy Challenge - Use Flowers

Thanks for looking!

Have a good day!

~Hazel

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card !! I love the embossing… so elegant and classy! :-))
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our Embossing Challenge and Good luck in the draw!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete