Monday, May 29, 2017

Flower Birthday

Hey all,

This card is for my mom's birthday. She loves red and blue. I thought I would use my new stamps that I just recently purchased from WISH.com.

Here is the card:


I cut the light blue paper to fit a pre-made card and used a red ink to stamp on the flowers. I stamped the flowers randomly. I then used decorative scissors to cut the white bumpy paper at the bottom (I haven't used those in a long time). I cut a strip of red paper to put along the bottom as well. I punched out some dark blue butterflies and painted them with a sparkly paint that I have. I hand cut an oval and stamped Happy Birthday on it. Then, rubbed the edges of the oval with a light blue ink pad. Finally, I attached all of the pieces to the pre-made card putting a foam piece under the oval and bending the wings of the butterflies upward to make them look as if they are flying.

On the inside:


I stamped a simple birthday message on the inside of the card.

I am entering these challenges with this card:
Scrapbook Stamp Society – Anything Goes W/ Option Butterflies
The Crazy Challenge – Birthday
Rubber Dance – Rule of Three (Butterflies)
Stamping Sensations – Butterflies, Fairies, and Fantasy

The Crafter's Cafe - Birthday

Have a fantastic day!

~Hazel

5 comments:

  1. A very pretty and feminine card for your Mum's Birthday, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card!Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel! Wow! What a pretty card! I really like the colour combination. Thank you for joining our May theme challenge at Rubber Dance. xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Hazel! Love the colour combo. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel this is beautiful
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete